- Last Updated: 20 February 2017
- Hits: 3692
Throughout the winter of 2016/2017 we shall be:
Following the last trip to Falmouth in August last year, Vixen was returned to storage in Leicester. On inspecting the boat and trailer it was found that the braking system was in need of repair work. The brakes have been stripped down and the boat secured for the winter. Parts are being sourced and, in the next month (Feb/March 2017), we intend to over haul the brake system and give the engine a complete service.
Previous services and repairs carried out on Vixen:
- Replacing the failed trailer damper - Completed 03/10/2015
- Replacing the trailer board cable (broken neutral wire) - Completed 03/10/2015
- Replacing the failed port side bilge pump- Pump arrived to be fitted. - Completed 09/01/2016
- Replacing both Neutral Safety Switches (following intermittent faults this year) - Completed 07/12/2015
- Annual service 100hr / 12month - Completed 07/12/2015
- Solving the problem with the matting around the anchor locker hatch.
- Replacing corroding nylocs on EPIRB beacon mount with dome nuts - Completed 03/10/2015
- Wet blast the EPIRB beacon mount so it looks a bit cleaner - Completed 23/01/2016
- Update the software in both MFDs - will enable the reading of saved pdf files i.e. manuals or dive site guides!
- Sort out why the gear shift is so stiff - turned out to be corrosion on shift rod now cleared - Completed 28/03/2016
We have now added fuel information to one of the "Info" screens on the Lowrance units:
Above screen now shows:
- Engine hours
- Trip in nautical miles
- Fuel used since last fill up
- Fuel used this trip
- Fuel used this season
- Fuel in tank litres
- Fuel use rate (litres per hour)